IIT JAM 2019
- IIT JAM 2019
- Courses Offered
- Eligibility Criteria
- TEST PAPERS
- MINIMUM Educational Qualifications
- Process of Admission
- IIT JAM 2019 Participation Institutes
- Application Fee
- Important Dates (महत्वपूर्ण तिथियां)
- How to Apply
- IIT JAM 2019 Exam Centers
- How to Prepare for IIT JAM?
- Exam Pattern of Test Papers
- Test Schedule
- Test Paper Schedule
- IIT JAM Admit Card 2019
- IIT JAM Result & Rank List 2019
- IIT JAM Counselling 2019
Looking to apply for IIT JAM 2019? If yes then read this notice available for IIT JAM 2019 information. Application forms for online Registration of Admission Test will be invited shortly by Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur for admission in Integrated PhD Degree Programs at IIS Bangalore &M.Sc. (2 Years), Joint M.Sc.-PhD, M.Sc.- PhD Dual Degree, M.Sc.- M.Tech. M.Sc.-M.S. (Research)/PhD Dual Degree and Other Post – Bachelor’s Degree Programs for the academic year 2019. Students who have related academic record they are fully eligible for this chance of PG courses exam. The Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur is a public engineering institution established by the government of India in 1951. IIT JAM (Indian Institute of Technology Joint Admission Test) 2019 will be conducted for 20 subjects offered by the participating IIT’s. There are mostly outstanding faculty, world class teaching standards, and innovative academic programmes which holds the great mark for Indian education system. All suitable graduate appliers are advised to apply online for a best fit course.
All the goal oriented individuals are advised to do Registration by filling online Application from 01st September 2018. Closing date to apply online will be 01st October 2018. After successfully forward the error free application, participants should prepare to appear in mock test at first on 10th January 2019 and than in entrance exam on 10th February 2019. Appliers are advised to check your all eligibilities before apply for this notice. Every candidate’s should have complete eligibility criteria which should match with IIT JAM otherwise your application forms will be rejected automatically.
All those aspirants who will beat IIT JAM 2019 they would be able to submit Application Form for Admission on the JAM 2019 Website from 11th to 24th April 2019. So guys submit application forms before the final date otherwise it would not be accepted at any cost. All appliers have to provide only accurate details when they sit to fill form online. Every suitable candidate should prepare in good way for entrance exam using study material to obtain good marks. If you will be prepared through given syllabus than result will be good and you may be appeared in any of the IIT for admission.
More relevant details in favour of IIT JAM Application Form Notice 2019 such as eligibility criteria, important dates, application fee, application form details other, please see below till the end of this page.
Admission to M.Sc. (Two Years), Joint M.Sc.- Ph.D., M.Sc.- Ph.D. Dual Degree, and other Post-Bachelor Degree Programs at Indian Institutes of Technology Bhubaneswar, Bombay, Delhi, Dhanbad, Gandhinagar, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jodhpur, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, Patna, Roorkee, Ropar, Varanasi & Integrated PhD Programs at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
The following are the full-time M.Sc. (Two Years), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree, and other Post-Bachelor’s Degree Programs at different IITs and Integrated PhD Programs at the IISc to which admissions shall be made on the basis of JAM 2019
- All candidates admitted through JAM should have a Bachelor’s degree.
- In the qualifying degree, the aggregate marks or CGPA/CPI without rounding-off (taking into account all subjects, including languages and subsidiaries, all years combined) should be at least 55% or 5.5 out of 10 for General/OBC (NCL) category candidates, and 50% or 5.0 out of 10 for SC/ST and PwD category candidates.
- If CGPA/CPI is on a different scale, it would be linearly mapped to a scale on 10. For Candidates with letter grades/CGPA (instead of percentage of marks), the equivalence in percentage of marks will be decided by the Admitting Institute(s). Proof of having passed the Qualifying Degree with the Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQ) as specified by the Admitting Institute should be submitted by 30th September 2019.
- At the time of admission, all admitted candidates will have to submit a Physical Fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner in the prescribed form. At the time of admission, the admitted candidates may also have to undergo a Physical Fitness test by a medical board constituted by the Admitting Institute.
- In case a candidate is not found physically fit to pursue his/her chosen course of study, his/her admission is liable to be cancelled.
JAM 2019 Exam will be conducted in seven subjects, also referred to as Test Papers;
- Biological Sciences (BL),
- Biotechnology (BT),
- Chemistry (CY),
- Geology (GG),
- Mathematics (MA),
- Mathematical Statistics (MS) and
- Physics (PH)
MINIMUM Educational Qualifications
Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQs) for admissions to various Academic Programs covered under JAM 2019 are given in Appendix-II, along with the names of the Test Papers and their Codes and the Institute offering the Academic Programs
Process of Admission
- Only candidates who qualify in JAM 2019 (whose names appear in the Merit List) will be eligible to apply for admission to any of the academic programs available at IITs (refer to Appendices-I & II of this Information Brochure)
- Based on the test paper(s) qualified, an applicant can apply to one or more academic programs covered under that test paper(s), subject to fulfillment of the Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQs) and the Eligibility Requirements (ERs) of the Admitting Institutes
- For the academic session 2019-20, the following admission procedure shall be followed for all the Programs at IITs covered under JAM 2019. Candidates are also advised to refer to the JAM 2019 website for latest updates.
IIT JAM 2019 Participation Institutes
- IISc Bangalore (www.iisc.ernet.in)
- IIT Bhubaneswar (www.iitbbs.ac.in)
- IIT Bombay (www.iitb.ac.in)
- IIT Delhi (www.iitd.ac.in)
- IIT (ISM) Dhanbad (www.iitism.ac.in)
- IIT Gandhinagar (www.iitgn.ac.in)
- IIT Guwahati (www.iitg.ernet.in)
- IIT Hyderabad (www.iith.ac.in)
- IIT Indore (www.iiti.ac.in)
- IIT Jodhpur (www.iitj.ac.in)
- IIT Kanpur (www.iitk.ac.in)
- IIT Kharagpur (www.iitkgp.ac.in)
- IIT Madras (www.iitm.ac.in)
- IIT Patna (www.iitp.ac.in)
- IIT Roorkee (www.iitr.ac.in)
- IIT Ropar (www.iitrpr.ac.in)
- IIT Varanasi (www.iitbhu.ac.in)
- IIT Bhilai (www.iitbhilai.ac.in)
- IIT Palakkad (www.iitpkd.ac.in)
- One Test Paper – Female (All Categories)/SC/ST/PwD Rs.750/-
- Two Test Paper – Female (All Categories)/SC/ST/PwD Rs.1050/-
- All Others [One Test Paper] – Female (All Categories)/SC/ST/PwD Rs.1500/-
- All (Two Paper Test)-(All Categories)/SC/ST/PwD Rs.2100/-
- The application fee is non-refundable
Important Dates (महत्वपूर्ण तिथियां)
- Commencement of Online Registration & Application on JAM 2019 Website: 01st September 2018
- Last Date for Online Application Submission and Uploading of Documents on the Website: 01st October 2018
- Admit Card Download: 04th January 2019
- Date of Mock Test Link: 10th January 2019
- Date of JAM 2019 Examination: 10th February 2019
- Announcement of the Results of JAM 2019: 20th March 2019
- Submission of Application Form for Admission on the JAM 2019 Website: 11th to 24th April 2019
- Last Date for receipt of request for change of category in proper format/ rectification of defective documents at IIT Kharagpur: To be announced later
- Declaration of First Admission List: To be announced later
- Declaration of Second Admission List: To be announced later
- Declaration of Third and Final Admission List: To be announced later
- Closure of Admissions through JAM 2019: To be announced later
How to Apply
- Students must log on to the official site that is jam.iitkgp.ac.in
- On the home students must go to ‘STUDENTS’ SECTION and see ‘Admission’ TAB
- NOW enter on link ‘Post Graduate’
- Read details and enter on right link for registration
- Fill registration form with required and correct details and on press on “Save & Continue” tab.
- Now system will generate a “Registration number & Password”
- In this move login to your account by using your “Registration number & Password”.
- Fill form and upload passport size photograph and signature (if required) & also pay the fees
- After filling form in correct manner check it once again and submit it by pressing on “Save & Continue” button.
- In the end take printout of submitted form for further use.
Direct Link for – Official Details for IIT JAM 2019
Note – For getting more information of IIT JAM 2019 please visit right now official website.
IIT JAM 2019 Exam Centers
- IIT JAM 2019 will be held in the following cities in India. Candidates have to choose compulsorily 3 cities as per their choice, in the order of preference, at the time of filing up online application. See this list-
- IISc Bangalore [Bengaluru, Hubballi (Hubli), Hyderabad, Kannur, Kozhikode, Mangaluru (Mangalore), Palakkad, Thrissur]
- IIT Bombay [Ahmedabad, Goa, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Pune, Vadodara]
- IIT Delhi [Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Gurgaon, Hisar, Indore, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, New Delhi]
- IIT Guwahati [Asansol – Durgapur, Dhanbad, Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Kalyani, Patna, Siliguri]
- IIT Kanpur [Agra, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bhopal, Kanpur, Lucknow, Varanasi]
- IIT Kharagpur [Bhubaneswar, Kharagpur, Kolkata, Raipur, Ranchi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam]
- IIT Madras [Chennai, Coimbatore, Ernakulam, Kollam, Kottayam, Madurai, Thiruvananthapuram,Tiruchirappalli,Tirunelveli,Tirupati,Warangal]
- IIT Roorkee [Dehradun, Jalandhar, Kurukshetra, Mohali, Noida, Moradabad, Roorkee]
How to Prepare for IIT JAM?
Preparation of any exam is a very important part because without good preparation nobody can perform well in exams. So candidates have to prepare themselves in good way for Entrance Test. Without preparation, candidates can’t score good marks in examination. Candidates can prepare to themselves through IIT JAM PG Entrance Syllabus, along with syllabus you can see put your eyes on Exam Pattern also.
Exam Pattern of Test Papers
- The JAM 2019 Exam for all the seven test papers will be carried out as Online Computer Based Test (CBT) where the candidates will be shown the questions in a random sequence on a computer screen
- For all the seven test papers, the duration of the exam will be of 3 hours. The medium for all the test papers will be English only. There will be a total of 60 questions carrying a total of 100 marks
- The entire paper will be divided into three sections, A, B and C. All sections are compulsory. Questions in each section will be of different types as given below:
- Section-A contains a total of 30 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) involving 10 questions of one mark each and 20 questions of two marks each. Each MCQ has four choices out of which only one choice is the correct answer. Candidates can mark the answer by clicking the choice
- Section-B contains a total of 10 Multiple Select Questions (MSQs) carrying two marks each. Each MSQ is similar to MCQ but with a difference that there may be one or more than one choice(s) is correct out of the four given choices
- Section-C contains a total of 20 Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions involving 10 questions of one mark each and 10 questions of two marks each. No choices will be shown for these types of questions.
- The JAM 2019 online Exam will be held on 10th February 2019 (Sunday) in two sessions as Computer Based Test (CBT). The schedule for different Test Papers of JAM 2019 is given in below
- Session 1 will include Biological Sciences, Mathematics and Physics. Session II will include Mathematical Statistics, Biotechnology, Chemistry and Geology
- JAM 2019 Exam will be conducted for the seven test papers, namely: Biological Sciences (BL), Biotechnology (BT), Chemistry (CY), Geology (GG), Mathematics (MA), Mathematical Statistics (MS) and Physics (PH)
Test Paper Schedule
- Session-I: 09.00 AM to 12.00 Noon [Papers – Biological Sciences (BL), Mathematics (MA) and Physics (PH)]
- Session-II: 02.00 PM to 05.00 PM [Papers – Biotechnology (BT), Chemistry (CY), Geology (GG) and Mathematical Statistics (MS)]
IIT JAM Admit Card 2019
All shortlisted students will be able to get IIT JAM Hall Ticket 2019 from 04th January 2019. This paper document should be there to appear in the examination as no candidate will be allowed to sit in the examination hall without it. Admit Card is the top most identity proof which contains all personal as well as exam details essentials for all appliers.
IIT JAM Result & Rank List 2019
After appear in test on 10th February 2019 (Sunday), aspirants IIT JAM Result and IIT JAM Rank List 2019 will available online only. Candidates can check out their result by name or unique registration/roll number. The Result of M.Sc courses admission will be available on 20th March 2019 on the official website of IITK. Rank List For each test paper in JAM 2019, an All India Rank (AIR) will be assigned to all the appeared candidates based on their performance in the test paper.
IIT JAM Counselling 2019
After successfully declare the list of qualified candidates in entrance test, students will be called for IIT JAM Counselling 2019. IIT JAM Admission Process will start in the month of July. Qualified candidates have to fill their choice of college and course during admission process. Students have to bring original and self attested copy of required document at counseling. Seats will be allotted to candidates as per their ranks, preference and availability of seats.