IIT Bombay PhD Admission 2018
- IIT Bombay PhD Admission 2018
- Eligibility Criteria
- Admission for IIT B.Tech. Degree Holders
- Selection Process for Admission
- Application Fee
- Important Dates (महत्वपूर्ण तिथियां)
- How to Apply
- How to Prepare
- IIT Bombay PhD Admit Card 2018
- IIT Bombay PhD Answer Key 2018
- IIT PhD Result 2018
- IIT Bombay PhD Counselling
Searching the method to apply for IIT Bombay PhD Admission 2018? If yes then you have presented at right place where entire details related to IIT Bombay PhD Admission 2018-2019 are available. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay is inviting application forms by eligible candidates for admission into PhD Programs for the Spring Semester of the academic year 2018-19, starting from January 2019. In this notification of admission, only eligible aspirants can apply for vacant seats (category wise) / Main & Applied subjects list, for admission to Ph.D Courses available in each Department / Institute. For admission; there will be entrance exam in which it is necessary to participate to get entry in institute. Admission final decision will be made on the basis of aptitude test performance. The Indian Institute of Technology Bombay is a public engineering institution located at Powai, Mumbai, India was established in 1958. There are mostly outstanding faculty, world class teaching standards, and innovative academic programmes which holds the great mark for Indian education system. Candidates who wish to study in Doctorate; it is best opportunity for them. Versatile individuals can apply by fill the application forms.
IIT Bombay Ph.d Notification is telling that Application form receiving process will start shortly from 03rd September 2018. Eligible candidates can make submission of IIT PhD Admission Application Form on or before last date that is 16th October 2018. After submit the error free online application forms, you have to participate in aptitude test on the basis of marks in previous class. Hey guys before submit your application forms ensure about your eligibility conditions because if it will not match as per the requirement of admission then your application forms will not be entitled for selection rounds.
Electrifying Indian nationals are advised to remember that after the closing date of application forms submission, there is no possibility of acceptance of application forms. One more thing applicants must remember that application forms will be considered through Online Mode only. There are no other option is available from that you can forward or apply for IIT Bombay PhD Admission 2018. So follow the mode to submit your application forms in which you are comfortable. After apply you should appear in exam on 04th, 05th & 06th December 2018.
For more information of IIT Bombay PHD 2018 like Notification, eligibility criteria, dates, application fee details other, please see below till the end of this page.
Courses Offered: Phd
- Master’s Degree in Eng./Technology or equivalent degree, with First class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST)
- Bachelor’s degree in Eng./Technology with First class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST)
- Master’s degree in Science or equivalent degree, with First class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST)
- Master’s degree in Arts/Commerce or equivalent degree with a minimum of 55% marks (50% for SC/ST), only for admission to the PhD Programs offered by the Industrial Design Centre and Dept. of Humanities & Social Sciences
- Such candidates must also fulfil ONE of the following additional requirements:
- Valid GATE/CEED Score
- Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) of CSIR/UGC/NBHM/DBT or DST INSPIRE Fellowship
- Candidates having UGCNET Lectureship (LS) are also eligible for Teaching Assistantship in addition to other academic qualifications in Humanities & Social Sciences Dept.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience (acquired after obtaining the qualifying degree and completed before the starting of the semester in which admission is sought)
In addition to the general eligibility criterion, the applicant must satisfy the eligibility criteria specified for the respective Dept.s/Centres/Schools /Interdisciplinary Groups and the eligibility criteria for admission with different types of financial support
Admission for IIT B.Tech. Degree Holders
- Candidate having a B.Tech. Degree from IITs and having a CGPA/CPI score of 8.00(on 010scale) and above are exempted from requirement of GATE qualification
- They may be admitted to M.Tech Program under TA/RA positions through written test and/or interview
Selection Process for Admission
- Admission is offered on the basis of an interview held usually a month before the commencement of the semester for which admission is sought
- The interview may be supplemented by a written test, if necessary. Merely satisfying the general eligibility criterion as well as criterion set for each admission category is no guarantee for being called for test/interview
- Candidates called for the written Test/Interview under Teaching Assistantship (TA) category, only candidates belonging to SC/ST & PwD categories will be paid single second class return railway fare by the shortest route (as per rules) from their place of residence to the Institute
Fee to apply is to be paid by Debit Card/Credit Card /SBI Internet Banking /Online Payment System and you do not have to submit the printed copy of the application. Applications without online payment details will not be considered-
The application fee is as follows:
- Women Candidates: Rs. 150/-
- SC/ST/PwD Category Candidates: Rs. 150/-
- All other Candidates: Rs. 300/-
Important Dates (महत्वपूर्ण तिथियां)
- Advertisement available on IITB website: 03rd September 2018
- Link active to fill the Application Forms: 03rd September 2018
- Last Date for Submission of Completed Application Forms for Spring Semester: 16th October 2018
- Last date for Dept to send the list of candidates for Written Test/Interview: 23rd October 2018
- To display the list of candidates called for Entrance Test and/or Interview: 26th October 2018
Date of Entrance Test and/or Interview (for all categories):
- Aerospace Eng. (AE): 04th Dec 2018 (Written Test) & 05th Dec 2018 (Interview)
- Biosciences & Bio Eng. (BB): 04th Dec 2018 (Written Test) & 05th & 06th Dec 2018 (Interview)
- Chemical Eng. (CL): 04th & 05th Dec 2018 (Written Test/ Interview)
- Chemistry (CH): 04th 05th & 06th Dec 2018 (Interview)
- Civil Eng. (CE): 04th Dec 2018 (Written Test) & 05th Dec 2018 (Interview)
- Climate Studies (CM): 05th Dec 2018 (Written Test and/or Interview)
- Computer Science & Eng. (CS): 04th Dec 2018 (Written Test) & 05th Dec 2018 (Interview)
How to Apply
- Applicants should log on to official site of IIT Bombay that is www.iitb.ac.in
- Here press on “ADMISSION” tab available at the home page
- The next move is entering on “PH. D. PROGRAMMES” link
- Read details and go to link for ‘Registration’ as per the courses.
- Further press on “Register” button.
- You will receive login ID and password.
- Fill the Application form with correct details and upload scanned copies of relevant documents.
- At last submit your complete PhD Admission Form within given period of time.
- In the end get the hard copy deposited Application Form and keep it save for further use.
List of documents to be Upload while Apply:
- Matriculation Certificate for verification of the date of birth
- Details Mark Card of 10+2
- DMC of Graduation
- DMC of Post Graduation (in duplicate)
- Copy of Aadhar Card
- Copy of Award Letter of UGC/CSIR-NET JRF (with validity period)
- Enclose copies of the requisite Certificates to claim the weightage of the Ph.D. Ordinance.
Direct Resource Link of: Official Notification for Phd Admission
Note – For more information of IIT Bombay PhD Admission 2018 – 2019, appliers should go to visit the official website.
How to Prepare
Applicants will have to go through all the details pasted below to cash this opportunity of higher education in this reputed education hub.
IIT Bombay PhD Admit Card 2018
Appliers will appear in IIT Bombay PHD Entrance Test. To appear in this entrance test, each candidate will required IIT Bombay PHD Admit Card 2018 – 2019 which will be available online at Bombay official website soon. Along with admit card hard copy candidates should also bring with them any Authorized original Photo Ids of (Aadhaar Card /PAN card/Driving license/Voter ID/Passport etc).
IIT Bombay PhD Answer Key 2018
Candidates will be able to download their IIT Bombay PHD Answer Key 2018– 2019 via online mode after few days from exam commencement. Answer sheet of educational test will release within three days after conduct the examination. By checking the answer key; Applicants can tally their aptitude test marks by matching answers one by one and get an idea about their marks.
IIT PhD Result 2018
After conduct the entrance of PhD Courses entrance on 04th 05th & 06th December 2018, appeared participants can check their IIT PhD Result 2018 that will release online on the same portal which declared above. After getting cut off marks in test, appliers will be called for interview on 05th & 06th December 2018. Final result will be announced on the basis of marks in test and exam combined in one list.
IIT Bombay PhD Counselling
Those well qualified candidates who are eager to take admission in IIT Bombay they should appear in the counselling on the basis of qualifying exam obtained marks and aptitude test which will be held shortly. Seat for study in Bombay will be allotted through counselling on the basis of eligibility fulfill by participants. In IIT Bombay PhD Counselling 2018 – 2019 applicants should carry with them their all original documents and one set of photocopies them.