IGNOU BSc Nursing Entrance Test
- IGNOU BSc Nursing Entrance Test
- Courses Objective (B.Sc Nursing)
- Eligibility Criteria
- No. of Seats
- Admission Procedure
- Selection Procedure
- Application Fee
- Important Dates (महत्वपूर्ण तिथियां)
- How to Apply
- How to Prepare for Entrance Exam
- Entrance Exam Pattern
- BSc Nursing Entrance Test Admit Card
- IGNOU B.Sc Nursing Test Answer Key
- IGNOU B.Sc Nursing Result
- IGNOU B.Sc Counselling
Do you want to get information about IGNOU B.Sc Nursing Admission 2018-19 Procedure? If yes then you have reached at the portal where all details is available for IGNOU BSc Nursing Entrance Test 2018-19. OPENNET VIII Form is inviting by Indira Gandhi National Open University for admission into Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Program starting from January 2019 through Entrance Test OPENNET-VIII. The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), was come into existence in 1985. This university has tried to increase the Gross Enrollment Ratio (GER) by offering high-quality teaching through the Open and Distance Learning (ODL) mode. The University began by offering two academic programmes in 1987, i.e., Diploma in Management and Diploma in Distance Education, with strength of 4,528 students. The University offers about 228 certificate, diploma, degree and doctoral programmes, with a strength of nearly 810 faculty members and 574 academic staff at the headquarters and regional centres and about 33,212 academic counsellors from conventional institutions of higher learning, professional organizations, and industry among others.
Candidates must know that application form for IGNOU BSc Nursing Entrance Test 2018-19 has been started to receive from all eligible candidates. Those candidates who are eligible should deposit the application forms latest by 15th July 2018. Once appliers have to submit their application forms successfully after that they have to appear in OPENNET-VIII. Before make submission of your application forms, it is necessary to check your all eligibilities. Every candidate’s eligibility criteria should be as per the requirement of University and if the eligibility criteria should not match then your application forms will be rejected itself.
To get distance education students will have to remind that IGNOU B.Sc Nursing Admission 2018-19 application forms will be accepted Offline Mode Only. So guys submit application forms before the final date otherwise it would not be accepted at any cost. All appliers have to provide only accurate details when they sit to fill form online, if any candidate will provide wrong information then application forms will not be considered. Next most important thing is a file of all the original documents with a set of Xerox copies with some images of latest clicked colour photographs to show at the time of Direct Entry Scheme.
Necessary information associated with IGNOU BSc Nursing Entrance Test 2018-19 such as Advertisement, eligibility criteria, important dates, application fee, application form details other, please see below till the end of this page.
Courses Objective (B.Sc Nursing)
- The main objectives of the program are as follows:
- Provide opportunity to a large segment of in-service nurses to upgrade their knowledge and skills to respond to the changing health needs of the society
- Motivate nurses to maintain clinical competence to provide quality care
- Develop teaching, administration and research skills
- The Post Basic Bachelor of Science in Nursing is a three-year Degree Program. This course has two major components: theory and practicals. It is divided into 22 courses; 11 theory and 11 Practical
- In-service Nurses i.e. Registered Nurses and Registered Midwives (RNRM) having 10+2 with three years Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) with a minimum of two years of experience (after registration as RNRM) in the profession
- For male nurses who have not done midwifery in the GNM program, should have a certificate in any of the Nursing courses of 6-9 months duration prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council in lieu of midwifery OR
- In-service Nurses (RNRM) having 10th class (Matriculation) or its equivalent with three years Diploma in Genera lNursing and Midwifery (GNM) with a minimum of five years of experience (after registration as RNRM) in the profession
- For males’ nurses who have not done midwifery in the GNM program, should have a certificate in any of the nursing courses of 6-9 months duration prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council in lieu of midwifery
Age of Admission
There is no maximum age limit
No. of Seats
The number of seats as approved by INC for admission to IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Program varies from PSC to PSC. The approved list of Program Study Centres (PSCs) for Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing along with PSCs Code and RCs Code and number of seats is given in Appendix VIII.
Category-wise Availability of Seats
A total of 650 seats in 20 INC approved Program Study Centres (PSC) are available for admission to Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Program of IGNOU for January 2019 session
The list includes active PSCs where Post Basic BSc Nursing students will be admitted
Reservation Policy as per Govt. of India rules will be followed for various categories
- Admission for Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Program for January 2019 session will be done region wise on the basis of merit in common entrance test. Regional Centres where Post Basic B.Sc. (N) Program Study Centres are established will do the counseling and admissions
- Candidates from any Region/State can apply as per their choice through any Regional Centre/s where PSCs for Post Basic BSc. Nursing Programme are established
- Region based merit list will be prepared after tie-break by SED
- Region wise merit list for admission to Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing January 2019 session will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the OPENNET-VIII (Entrance Test) and will be displayed in the IGNOU website after the declaration of results
- In case two or more candidates obtain equal marks in the OPENNET-VIII (Entrance Test), the inter-se ranking of such candidates shall be determined on the basis of the following criteria for tie break
Exam Fee of Rs. 120/-per course is required to be paid through Debit/Credit Card through online mode; payment can done by credit/debit card of any nationalized banks.
Price: Rs. 1200/- by cash at the counter
Rs. 1210/- by registered post
- Program Fee Rs. 18000/- per annum (May vary from time to time)
- Candidates seeking admission to Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Program are advised not to pay the fees along with the filled-in application form of entrance test
- The Program fee should be paid only by Demand Draft drawn in the favour of IGNOU. On the back of Demand Draft write your name, address and telephone number to ensure proper credit to your account
- Details regarding deposition of Program Fee will be informed during notification for counselling.
- Counseling procedures for qualified students of OPENNET-VIII for admission to Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing ProgramJanuary2019 Session.
Important Dates (महत्वपूर्ण तिथियां)
- Last Date for Submission of Entrance Test Form: 15th July 2018
- Date of Entrance Test: September 2018
- Date of Declaration of Result: October /November 2018
- Date of Region-wise Counselling: December 2018/January 2019
- Final Admission: January 2019
How to Apply
- All the eligible candidates should log on to the official site of University that is www.ignou.ac.in
- On the homepage go with link as “B.Sc Nursing Test 2018-19”
- Choose right course link and download form successfully free of cost
- Fill the Admission form with required and correct details and attach related documents attested copies
- In the end take check the entries and submit form at the respective Regional Centre, whose addresses are given in Appendix-VIII
- Photograph and Identity card
- 10th class certificate in support of age
- 12th certificates or Graduation degree whichever is applicable
- Category certificate if applicable
Link of – IGNOU OPENNET VIII Notification
Note – For more info of IGNOU B.Sc Nursing Admission 2018 please visit right now Official website.
How to Prepare for Entrance Exam
Using the declared JNAFA University Syllabus and exam pattern, each and every applier can start their preparation in good way. Below we suggesting you to download the Exam Syllabus and exam pattern and start your preparation by topic wise one by one.
Entrance Exam Pattern
- Entrance Test will comprise 120 multiple choice questions (bearing one mark each) drawn from various subjects taught in GNM. A model Question paper for the entrance exam is provided in Appendix-XII a
- Candidates will be provided OMR Sheet for marking the responses. A sample of OMR sheet is attached at Appendix XII b
- Duration of the test will be two and a half hours
BSc Nursing Entrance Test Admit Card
To appear in this UG course entrance test, each candidate will required BSc Nursing Entrance Test Admit Card 2018 which will be available online at Jawaharlal Nehru University official website shortly. Along with admit card hard copy candidates should also bring with them any Authorized original Photo Ids of (Aadhaar Card /PAN card/Driving license/Voter ID/Passport etc).
IGNOU B.Sc Nursing Test Answer Key
Candidates will be able to download their IGNOU B.Sc Nursing Test Answer Key 2018 via online mode after few days from exam commencement. Answer sheet of admission test will release within 1-2 days after held the examination or same day of examination. With the help of answer key candidates can tally their aptitude test questions and answers one by one and get an idea about their marks.
IGNOU B.Sc Nursing Result
After successfully commencement of Entrance Examination on given dates, appeared participants can check IGNOU OPENNET VIII Result 2018 that will release online on the same portal which declared above.
IGNOU B.Sc Counselling
Those who will declare qualify in the Common Entrance Test, applicants will appear in IGNOU B.Sc Counselling 2018 Process which schedule will begin from release date. In upcoming counselling, applicants have to carry with them all original certificates and one set of photocopies of them.