IAS Exam Syllabus 2018
Are you an applier of Indian Administrative Service Exam 2018? If yes than the time has come to boost up your preparation for examination by having the physical format IAS Exam Syllabus 2018 – 2019. To Download Prelims/Mains Exam Pattern, keep reading this web page till end and have full confidence to beat officer level exam. With the help of actual PDF of syllabus, all job seekers can easily prepare for upcoming test of India’s top most public sector job. Union Public Service Commission invited application forms from eligible candidates to fulfill the vacant posts of Officers in departments of government. Regard this notification, large numbers of candidates who have cracked Prelims of IAS they are eligible to prepare for Mains written exam which is going to commence from 28.09.2018 to 30.09.2018 and 06.10.2018 to 07.10.2018. for doing sound preparation, syllabus will be a vital dose for all participants which is available here in detail.
According to UPSC IAS Exam Syllabus 2018 – 2019, you can score good marks by doing study of entire topics described on the same web page. If you will prepare from roots to wings than sure success of yours will be there in this examination. Questions will be asked in the exam from the subjects who are set by UPSC and brought up on the same article. Appliers, if you have already prepared through the syllabus than check your knowledge by appearing in online mock, speed test, solving unsolved papers etc. Speed will increase timely naturally but keep practicing and become expert in all topics. Practice makes a man perfect therefore without wasting your time in thinking; just prepare all the topics daily using pen and paper to note down the important things.
By following the given UPSC IAS Syllabus & Exam Pattern, appliers can start saturated preparation topic wise in short period of time also because there is not much time left in the mains exam. If candidates want to prepare themselves according to syllabus then they have to prepare only those questions which are asked most of the time previously. Dear appliers, you will have to start preparation by set up time limit for each topic and become expert in them one by one. Study for exam must be better than the best because competition in UPSC exam will be very much high due to the importance of test. If, candidates want to set up their career as Officer, than they will have to download IAS Mains Exam Pattern. So we believe that only well prepared candidates can crack the exam and make place in merit list.
For more information of IAS Exam Syllabus 2018 – 2019, candidates will have to see this page till last word.
IAS Exam Syllabus Overview
IAS Exam Selection Process
- UPSC Indian Administrative Service (IAS) Exam has below stages to hire appliers-
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
IAS Prelims Syllabus
- UPSC IAS Syllabus for Preliminary stage consist two papers and there is negative marking for each wrong answer that is 1/3rd of marks allotted for every question.
- Paper-I: General Ability Test
- Paper-II: Civil Services Aptitude Test
|General Ability Test||Current events of national|
and international importance
|History of India and Indian|
|Indian and World Geography –|
Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
|Indian Polity and Governance –|
Constitution, Political System,
Panchayati Raj, Public Policy,
Rights Issues, etc
|Economic and Social Development –|
Sustainable Development, Poverty,
Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
|General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate sChange – that do not require subject specialization General Science.|
|Civil Services Aptitude Test||Comprehension|
|Interpersonal skills including communication skills|
|Logical reasoning and analytical ability|
|General mental ability|
|Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.)|
(Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
|English Language Comprehension skills|
(Class X level)
IAS Mains Syllabus
Candidate’s rank in UPSC Civil Service Exam depends only on the mark scored in Main and Interview. Main examination consist total 7 + 2 = 9 papers and all of them are descriptive types.
IAS Exam Syllabus for Paper I: (Any Indian Language)
Candidates have to choose one language from the Languages included in the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution.
IAS Syllabus for Paper II: (English)
- The pattern of questions would be generally as follows:-
- Comprehension of given passages
- Precis Writing
- Usage and Vocabulary
Syllabus For IAS – Paper III: (Essay)
- Candidates may be required to write essays on multiple topics.
UPSC IAS Exam Syllabus for Paper IV: (General Studies 1)
- (Indian Heritage/ Culture, World History & Geography)
- Indian culture will cover the main feature of Art Forms, Literature and Architecture from to present times
- Modern Indian history from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the present- significant events, personalities, issues
- The Freedom Struggle – its various stages and important contributors /contributions from different parts of the country
- Post-independence consolidation and restructuring within the country
IAS Syllabus for Paper V: (General Studies 2)
- Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International Relations
- Functions and duties of the Union and the States, issues and challenges pertaining to the federal structure, devolution of powers and finances up to local levels and challenges therein
- Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests
- Effect of policies and politics of developed and developing countries on India’s interests, Indian diaspora
- Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation
- Development processes and the development industry- the role of NGOs, SHGs, various groups and associations, donors, charities, institutional and other stakeholders
- Parliament and State Legislatures – structure, functioning, of business, powers & privileges and issues arising out of these
- Statutory, regulatory and various quasi-judicial bodies.
IAS Exam Syllabus for Paper VI: (General Studies 3)
- (Technology, Economic Development, Bio-Diversity, Environment, Security & Disaster Management)
- Inclusive growth and issues arising from it
- Government Budgeting
- Development, Environment, Security and Disaster Management
- Security challenges and their management in border areas; linkages of organized crime with terrorism
- Food processing and related industries in India- scope and significance, location, upstream and downstream requirements, supply chain management
- Various Security forces and agencies and their mandate
- Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment
- Conservation, environmental pollution and degradation, environmental impact assessment
- Disaster and disaster management
UPSC IAS Syllabus for Paper VII: (General Studies 4)
- (Ethics, Integrity & Aptitude)
- Ethics and Human Interface: Essence, and consequences of Ethics in human actions; dimensions of ethics; ethics in private and public relationships
- Attitude: content, structure, function; its influence and relation with thought and ; moral and political attitudes; social influence and persuasion
- Emotional, and their utilities and application in administration and governance
- Contributions of moral thinkers and philosophers from India and
- Human Values – lessons from the lives and teachings of great leaders, and administrators; of family, society and educational institutions in inculcating values.
List of Optional Subjects for Main Exam
Syllabus for IAS Mains consists of the following optional papers. Check the list-
- Mechanical Engineering
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
- Medical Science
- Political Science and International Relations
- Civil Engineering
- Commerce and Accountancy
- Public Administration
- Electrical Engineering
Literature of any one of the following languages: Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Dogri, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Maithili, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Nepali, Odia, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Santhali, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu and English.
- Candidates who qualify in the Preliminary and Main Examination are able to attend the IAS Interview.
- Candidate can give preference of the language in which they may like to be interviewed.
- Marks set for the Interview is 275.
IAS Preliminary Exam Pattern
- UPSC IAS Pre exam will be conducted into 2 papers.
- The test will be of 400 marks.
- Question paper will be available in both English and Hindi Languages, so it can be understood by everyone.
|Sr. No.||Name of Paper||Marks Allotted|
|Paper 1||General Ability Test (GAT)||200 Marks|
|Paper 2||English Language and Aptitude||200 Marks|
IAS Main Exam Pattern
- The UPSC Civil Services Main exam will be of 1750 marks.
- After that a personality test (interview) of 275 marks will be conducted by the organization.
- Question paper will be available in both English and Hindi languages, so that every aspirants can understand it.
- The exam includes 7 papers with 2 papers of descriptive in nature.
|S. No.||Name of the Paper||Marks|
|1||Paper A- One of the Indian Language to be selected by the candidates from the Language included in the 6th Schedule of the Constitution||300 Marks|
|2||Paper B- English||300 Marks|
Papers to be counted for merit
|3||Paper 1 – Essay||250 marks|
|4||Paper 2 – General Studies I||250 marks|
|5||Paper 3 – General Studies II||250 marks|
|6||Paper 4 – General Studies III||250 marks|
|7||Paper 5 – General Studies IV||250 marks|
|8||Paper 6 – Optional Subject 1||250 marks|
|9||Paper 7 – Optional Subject 2||250 marks|
IAS Mains Dates
|IAS Mains Exam Date||Forenoon Session 9.00 A.M. to 12.00 Noon||Afternoon Session 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M|
|28.09.2018||Paper-I Essay||No Paper|
|29.09.2018||Paper-II General Studies-I||Paper-III General Studies-II|
|30.09.2018||Paper-IV General Studies-III||Paper-V General Studies-IV|
|06.10.2018||Paper-A Indian Language||Paper-B English|
|07.10.2018||Paper-VI Optional Paper-I||Paper-VII Optional Paper-II|
Download Now – IAS Exam Syllabus 2018 – 2019
Note: Hey guys to find other information of Syllabus go to Official Link.