HPU MSc Nursing Entrance Exam
- HPU MSc Nursing Entrance Exam
- Courses Available
- Eligibility Criteria
- Selection Procedure
- Important Dates (महत्वपूर्ण तिथियां)
- How to Apply
- How to Prepare for Nursing Entrance Exam
- Entrance Exam Pattern and Syllabus
- HPU MSc Nursing Exam Admit Card
- HPU Msc Nursing Test Answer Key
- HPU Msc Nursing Result 2018
- HPU Msc Counselling 2018
Do you want to get information about HPU Msc Nursing Entrance Exam 2018 Procedure? If yes then you have reached at the portal where all details is available for HPU MSc Nursing Entrance Test 2018. Application Form is inviting by Himachal Pradesh University for admission into M.Sc. Nursing (2 years degree course) in Sister Nivedita Govt. College Nursing of IGMC, Shimla through an objective type (MCQ) Entrance Test for the academic year 2018-19. Exam will be held on 05th August 2018, Sunday. The Himachal Pradesh University was founded on July 22, 1970. It is located at Summer Hill which is at a distance of 5 kms from the main town, Shimla. The University is nestled amidst tall and lush green trees of deodars, oats, pines and rhododendrons. Its salubrious climate and calmness presents congenial atmosphere to pursue higher studies. The University campus occupies an area of 200 acres and has been designed to possess a distinctive architectural style. Himachal Pradesh University is the only multi-faculty and affiliating University in the state. It firmly believes in what India’s first Prime Minister Jawahar Lal Nehru said in his oft.
Candidates must know that application form for HPU MSc Nursing Entrance Test 2018 has been started to receive from all eligible candidates since 26th June 2018. Those candidates who are eligible should deposit the application forms latest by 23rd July 2018. Once appliers have to submit their application forms successfully after that they have to appear in Entrance. Before make submission of your application forms, it is necessary to check your all eligibilities. Every candidate’s eligibility criteria should be as per the requirement of University and if the eligibility criteria should not match then your application forms will be rejected itself.
To get distance education students will have to remind that HPU Msc Nursing Admission Test 2018 application forms will be accepted Online Mode Only. So guys submit application forms before the final date otherwise it would not be accepted at any cost. All appliers have to provide only accurate details when they sit to fill form online, if any candidate will provide wrong information then application forms will not be considered. Next most important thing is a file of all the original documents with a set of Xerox copies with some images of latest clicked colour photographs to show at the time of Direct Entry Scheme.
Necessary information associated with HPU MSc Nursing Entrance Test 2018 such as Advertisement, eligibility criteria, important dates, application fee, application form details other, please see below till the end of this page.
The M.Sc. Nursing Degree Course of 2 year
No. of Seats
- Medical Surgical Nursing – 05 Seats (for SNGNC, IGMC Shimla); 02 Seats (for MLMSN, Solan); 05 Seats (for SIN, Sanjauli, Shimla) and 04 Seats (for NSNI, Palampur)
- Community health Nursing – 05 Seats (for SNGNC, IGMC Shimla); 04 Seats (for MLMSN, Solan); 05 Seats (for SIN, Sanjauli, Shimla) and 04 Seats (for NSNI, Palampur)
- Obstetric Nursing – 05 Seats (for SNGNC, IGMC Shimla); 02 Seats (for MLMSN, Solan); and 04 Seats (for NSNI, Palampur)
- Child Health Nursing – 05 Seats (for SNGNC, IGMC Shimla); 02 Seats (for MLMSN, Solan); 05 Seats (for SIN, Sanjauli, Shimla) and 04 Seats (for NSNI, Palampur)
- Mental Health Nursing – 05 Seats (for SNGNC, IGMC Shimla)
Distribution of Seats
- Out of total number of seats, 60% seats will be filled-up by the in-service candidates of Himachal Pradesh Govt. and 40% seats will be filled-up from open competition
- Group /Quota-wise distribution of seats between in-service and direct candidates in the ratio of 60:40 in Sister Nivedita Nursing College, IGMC Shimla is as under:
- Admission to M.Sc. Nursing Degree course shall be made on the basis of merit of the Entrance Test to be conducted by the Himachal Pradesh University Shimla for which Male & Female candidates are eligible subject to fulfilment of the following conditions:
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 and its equivalent exam from recognized Board/University established by Law in India with minimum 45% aggregate marks; for SC/ST/OBC candidates the required percentage of aggregate marks will be 40%
- Candidates should be registered as registered Nurse/Midwife (RN/RM) B.Sc./Post Basic B.Sc Nursing with H.P State Nurses registration council Shimla/any State Nursing Registration council at the time of counseling
- Candidates should be B.Sc. Nursing/Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing/B.Sc. Hons. Nursing trained from the recognised Institutions not less than 55% aggregate marks
- Minimum one year of work experience after Basic B.Sc. Nursing on the last date of submission of application form
- Minimum one year of work experience prior or after Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing on the last date of submission of application form
For In-Service Quota Seats
- In-service quota seats are to be filled up by in-service regular appointed Nursing Cadre candidates of Govt. of H.P. subject to fulfillment of the condition as laid down under clause 15(i) of the prospectus
- However, Adhoc & contractual appointees including appointees of Rogi Kalyan Samities will also be considered under this quota subject to fulfillment of the condition as laid down under clause 15(ii) of the prospectus
- Candidates should not have attained maximum of 50 years of age as on 31st December 2018
For Direct Quota Seats
Direct quota seats will be available for open competition from amongst:
The Bonafide Himachali/Domicile candidates/Children/spouse of H.P. Govt. employees and employees of Autonomous Bodies wholly or partially financed by the H.P. Govt. who have done their B.Sc. Nursing & P.B. B.Sc. Nursing Schools/Institutions anywhere in India duly recognized by the Indian Nursing Council/H.P. State Nurses Registration Council
The Selection of the candidates for M.Sc. Nursing Course will be on the basis of the merit of the entrance test. The minimum marks required for the selection will be 50% for candidates for General category, 40% for SC/ST categories candidates.
- For General Category: Rs. 2500/-
- For SC/ST Categories: Rs. 1250/-
Important Dates (महत्वपूर्ण तिथियां)
- Schedule for filling up online Application Form with Final transaction of fee: 26th June to 23rd July 2018
- Time for correction of error, if any, in the online application form after final submission of online application form: 24th July 2018
- Date of uploading admit Cards on University Website: 31st July 2018
- Date of Entrance Test: 05th August 2018, Sunday
- Dates for displaying the Key Answers on the University Website: 10th to 13th August 2018
- Tentative date of declaration of result: 20th August 2018
- Tentative date of issuance of merit list: 23rd August 2018
- Commencement of Academic Session: 01st October 2018
How to Apply
- All the eligible candidates should log on to the official site of University that is www.hpuniv.in
- On the homepage go with link “ADMISSIONS” from left side
- Further enter on “M.Sc Nursing Test 2018”
- Choose right course link and download form successfully free of cost
- Fill the Admission form with required and correct details and attach related documents scanned copies
- In the end take check the entries and submit form latest by dead line
- Photograph and Identity card
- 10th class certificate in support of age
- 12th certificates
- Graduation degree
- Category certificate if applicable
Direct Link of – HPU MSc Nursing Exam Prospectus
Direct Link of – Apply Online for M.Sc Entrance Exam
Note – For more info of HPU Msc Nursing Admission 2018 please visit right now Official website.
How to Prepare for Nursing Entrance Exam
Using the declared Syllabus and exam pattern, each and every applier can start their preparation in good way. Below we suggesting you to download the Exam Syllabus and exam pattern and start your preparation by topic wise one by one.
Entrance Exam Pattern and Syllabus
The Exam shall consist of one written paper only in the subjects mentioned hereunder in accordance with the syllabi of GNM/B.Sc. Nursing Studies
- The medium of examination shall be English
- The question paper will be objective (MCQ) type.
- There will be only 4 (Four) options in each question i.e. A, B, C & D. Out of which one of the option will correct
- Total questions will be 150 (one hundred fifty).
- Each question will carry 1 (one) mark.
- The duration of the Entrance Test will be 2 (two) hours.
- There will be No Negative Marking.
HPU MSc Nursing Exam Admit Card
To appear in this PG course entrance test, each candidate will required MSc Nursing Entrance Exam Admit Card 2018 which will be available online at Jawaharlal Nehru University official website shortly. Along with admit card hard copy candidates should also bring with them any Authorized original Photo Ids of (Aadhaar Card /PAN card/Driving license/Voter ID/Passport etc).
HPU Msc Nursing Test Answer Key
Candidates will be able to download their HPU Msc Nursing Entrance Exam Answer Key 2018 via online mode after few days from exam commencement. Answer sheet of admission test will release within 1-2 days after held the examination or same day of examination. With the help of answer key candidates can tally their aptitude test questions and answers one by one and get an idea about their marks.
HPU Msc Nursing Result 2018
After successfully commencement of Entrance Examination on given dates, appeared participants can check HPU Msc Nursing Result 2018 that will release online on the same portal which declared above.
HPU Msc Counselling 2018
Those who will declare qualify in the Common Entrance Test, applicants will appear in HPU Msc Counselling 2018 Process which schedule will begin from release date. In upcoming counselling, applicants have to carry with them all original certificates and one set of photocopies of them.