How to Prepare for AIIMS MBBS Exam
Looking to get the details for the query “How to Prepare for AIIMS MBBS Exam”? If yes than good news for all the visitors because AIIMS MBBS Preparation Tips are brought in this article so that required content may be delivered to the candidates. First let’s know something about AIIMS. The All India Institutes of Medical Science (AIIMS) has all right reserves to commence National Level Entrance Examination every year to choose the best fit students among their nine institutes across India.
Since AIIMS MBBS is a National Medical Entrance Exam therefore preparation for it can be quite difficult for all appliers as most of them have to prepare for the entrance as well as their higher secondary examinations. Here are some best preparation tips to prepare for the examination systematically to get superb marks. To remove the increasing pressure and tension from the mind deserving applicants need to make a strategic in a proper way. So guys you are advised read the full article to get all the details of AIIMS MBBS Exam.
AIIMS MBBS Exam Pattern
- The AIIMS Entrance Test is a computer-based exam
- There will be 200 multiple-choice objective type questions from Physics (60 questions), Chemistry (60 questions), Biology (60 questions) and General Knowledge (20 questions).
- Every correct answer gives you one mark, and for every incorrect answer, 1/3 mark will be deducted.
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours and 30 minutes.
AIIMS MBBS Preparation Tips
Have a close look below-
Learn from Basics: Hey students you need to know that most of the questions in the AIIMS exam are printed from the NCERT 11th & 12th standard Physics, Chemistry & Biology books. So, if your fundamentals from school are complete clear and on finger tips then half the battle is won and find and focus on other part of exam from which questions will also be asked.
Subject-Wise Plan: All the eligible candidates must plan their strategy carefully for different subjects such as Physics, Chemistry & Biology. Here are a few pointers on how to prepare separately for them:
- Physics – Physical subject questions are asked to test analytical skills of the appliers. The physics questions in the AIIMS exam are advanced, but if your concepts are clear, then you no need to worry. Practice as many Assertion & Reasons questions as you can.
- Chemistry – If we talk about the past experience of AIIMS MBBS exam, most of the questions have been NCERT-based. That is why we are giving the reference for NCERT books to practice better.
- Biology – To prepare for biology students must follow NCERT & the Trueman’s series of books after getting it.
- General Knowledge – You are advised don’t give too much time to GK as this section carries only 20 marks. Hence, you will have to focus more on Physics, Chemistry & Biology and give at least ½ hour daily to any newspaper or current affairs magazine to be update regarding latest happenings.
Get Complete Details of Syllabus: All the participants must have complete details and PDF file of syllabus so that it can understand easily which portion is more and which is less important. Since most of the topics will be from the NCERT books, rather than download the exam syllabus to know about it completely. That way, you don’t have to prepare for the common chapters separately.
Study Material: The best study material is previous years solved and unsolved question papers with answers. Solve objective type questions from some good books, which have the correct answers printed on the back. Compare your answers with the given solutions. This practice will give you a reality about your preparations and give idea for improvement areas.
Increase speed: Applicants should solve many sample papers and previous years’ question papers because you will have to answer two hundred questions in 3 hours and 30 minutes, which is as good as one minute per question. Hence, time management is critical in AIIMS exams. There are a lot of mock papers available on the internet.
Revision: Just before the exam it will be essential to revise entire syllabus to increase the capacity and intelligence. Take rest at regular intervals; and after you have called it a day, try to memories the entire day’s topics mentally.
Important Books to Prepare for AIIMS MBBS
- Objective NCERT at your Fingertips Chemistry (Class 11 + 12) (English) by MTG
- Modern’s ABC of Chemistry for Class 11th and 12th (Volume I & II).
- Exploring Biology for Medical Entrances (Volume I & II) (English)
- Trueman’s Objective Biology for Medical Entrance Examinations
- Trueman’s Elementary Biology, Vol I and II (English)
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick and Walker
- Concepts of Physics Volume I and II by H.C Verma
- Objective Physics for Medical Entrance Examinations (Volume I and II)
Remember: Dear applicants to beat AIIMS exam with good marks stay tuned with this web portal.