Allahabad University Admission 2018
Are you looking for Allahabad University CRET 2018 process? If yes then you are on right destination from where can get all accurate information about Allahabad University Admission 2018. Allahabad University is inviting application forms from interested candidates for admission to the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (D.Phil.) (hereinafter referred to as D.Phil. Program) of the University of Allahabad for the session 2018-19 in the subjects available. Eligible applicants will have to qualify in the Combined Research Entrance Test (CRET-2018) to get entry in the university for this reputed course. Candidates, who want to set up their career in research sector, it is good opportunity for them to come true their dream.
Commencement of Allahabad University CRET 2018 application forms offline receiving has been started from 22nd April 2018. Individuals, who are eligible and know it in very well manner, can make submission of their D.Phil Admission 2018 application forms till last date that is 16th May 2018. Once applicants successfully submitted their application forms after that shortlisted candidate will appear in written test/ interview 30th May 2018 (Wednesday). Hey guys sure about your eligibility conditions because if your eligibility criteria should not match as per the requirement of AU D.Phil Program then your application forms should be rejected.
CRET Admission 2018 application forms submission opening and closing date must be remind to students because form of admission will be acceptable in between opening and closing date. One more thing applicants must also remember that forms of all candidates will be accepted in Online as well as in Offline Mode. Any other mode or way of application forms should be rejected. Don’t misguide to Allahabad University when you have to fill application forms, provide only accurate details like your name, age, academic qualification record etc. To qualify in written exam/ interview, candidates have to prepare themselves in good way because if your preparation will be weak then you can’t qualify in written exam/interview with merit marks.
For more information of Allahabad University Combined Research Entrance Test 2018 Application Form like Notification, eligibility criteria, important dates, application fee details other, please see below till the end of this page.
Doctor of Philosophy (D.Phil.)
BBA Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates who have qualified the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC)/Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) shall be exempted from the Level 1 Test of CRET examination conducted by the University of Allahabad
- Post-graduate Examination of 55% marks (or the equivalent Letter Grade/Grade Point under the seven-point Letter Grade Scale), laid down by the UGC in the case of General candidates and 50% marks (or the equivalent Letter Grade / Grade Point) in the case of OBC/SC/ST/PH candidates
- For the purposes of Criterion 1.02.1, the percentage of marks obtained by the candidate shall not be rounded-off to the next higher integer
- A minimum average score in the entire academic career of 54% marks (or the equivalent Letter Grade/Grade Point) in the case of General/OBC candidates; or 49% marks (or the equivalent Letter Grade/Grade Point) in the case of SC/ST/PH candidates
- Provided further, If the candidate desires to appear at Level 1 of the CRET examination he/she is allowed to appear at Level 1 of CRET examination, but his eligibility shall be determined only on the basis of the marks obtained by him/her in the CRET Exam
Categories of candidates shall be exempted from the Level 1 & Level 2 Tests, both
- All the candidates selected by the University Grants Commission (UGC)/Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF), subject to the validity norms of the respective fellowship. However, such candidates who have been selected for JRF are desires of appearing at Level 1 and Level 2 of the CRET-2018 exam, they are allowed to appear in CRET-2018 exam conducted by University of Allahabad
- Provided further the eligibility of such candidates shall be determined only on the basis of the marks obtained by him/her in the CRET exam
- Candidates for D.Phil in the Dept. of Electronics and Communication with M.Tech/M.E in Electronics Engineering or equivalent subjects or M.Tech/ME in Computer Science & Engineering or equivalent Subjects
- Candidates for D.Phil in the Dep. of Earth and Planetary Sciences with M.Tech in Geology/Applied geology or Geo-Physics who have valid GATE score before the last date of applying for CRET and have a GATE score of not less than 75%
- There shall be negative marking in objective-type questions; for every correct answer 4 marks will be awarded and for each wrong answer one mark will be deducted
Minimum Qualifying Marks
- For General and OBC Category Candidates: Level 1 will be qualifying for Level 2 and Level 2 will be qualifying for Level 3.However, for Level 3, marks of Level 2 only will be considered. In order to qualify Level 1, 40% marks are essential. Similarly, to qualify for Level 3, 40% marks at Level 2 is necessary. However, if a candidate fails to score 40% marks at Level 1 or at Level 2, he/she shall be eligible for Level 3 provided that the total marks at Level 1 and Level 2 is 50%; the merit of Level 2 only will be considered for Level 3
- For SC/ST/PH Category Candidates: Level 1 will be qualifying for Level 2 &Level 2 will be qualifying for Level 3. However, for Level 3, marks of Level 2 only will be considered. In order to qualify Level 1, 35% marks are essential. Similarly, to qualify for Level 3, 35% marks at Level 2 is necessary. However, if a candidate fails to score 35% marks at Level 1 or at Level 2, he/she shall be eligible for Level 3 provided that the total marks at Level 1 and Level 2 is 40%. The merit of Level 2 only will be considered for Level 3
Details of Application Fee
Test Fees for candidates required to appear for (Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 Tests) or (Level 2 and Level 3 Tests)
- For General/OBC: Rs. 1500/-
- For ST/SC/PH/VH: Rs. 700/-
Test fees for candidates exempted from the Level 1 and Level 2 Tests, and required to appear only for the Level 3 Test
- For General / OBC- Rs. 1200/-
- For ST/SC/PH/VH: Rs. 700/-
It should be noted that the Test Fees shall not be refunded or carried over in case the application of the candidate is rejected, or his/her candidature is cancelled at any stage, or he/she does not appear wholly or partially for CRET-2018
- Selection of candidates will be done on the basis of merit in the entrance test.
- The Admission into of college depends on it Recognition / Affiliation by the statutory bodies and option of the college exercised in counselling.
Important Dates (महत्वपूर्ण तिथियां)
- Registration and Submission of Form Online: 22nd April 2018
- Last Date of Submission of Form Online: 16th May 2018
- Date of Downloading Admit Cards Online Only: 23rd May 2018
- Date of Entrance Examination: 30th May 2018 (Wednesday)
- Declaration of Final Results: To be announced later on
How to Apply
- Students may log on to website that is www.aupravesh.org
- Go to link of ‘Admissions’ and enter on D.Phil 2018-19
- Read detailed information and fill the form completely
- Upload asked documents scanned copies in it
- Once the candidate has been registered he/she should view and take a print copy
- Send this hard copy of filled form to below address.
“The Director- CRET-2018, Monirba,
Chatham Lines Campus,
University of Allahabad,
Direct Link of Allahabad University – Admission Notification
Link for Allahabad University CRET – Application Form
Note – For more information of Allahabad University Admission please visit official website.
How to Prepare for CRET
Using the declared CRET Syllabus and exam pattern, each and every applier can start their preparation in good way. Below we suggesting you to download the Allahabad University Admission Test Syllabus and exam pattern and start your preparation by topic wise one by one.
CRET Exam Pattern
Level 1 Test
This test is of objective type questions and it is divided into two sections – Section A and Section B. Negative Marking for wrong answers is applicable for Level 1 Test
General Awareness, Academic and Research Aptitude: This Section of the paper will comprise of 50 multiple choices type objective questions of the subject opted by the candidate. All questions are to be attempted. Each question carries four marks. Duration of this Section will be 01:30 hours
Subject Proficiency in the CRET 2018 subject applied for: This Section will comprise of 50 multiple choices type questions of the subject opted by the candidate. All questions are to be attempted. Each question carries four marks. Duration of this Section will be 01:30 hours
Test for Level 1 – Section A and Level 1 – Section B will be in continuation. Candidates will not be allowed to leave the exam room in between the two Sections
Immediately after completion of Section A duration, i.e. 1:30 hours, the question/answer booklet for Section A will be collected and simultaneously question booklet and answer sheet for Section B will be distributed. Total duration of Level 1 Test (Level 1 A and Level 1 B) is 3 hours
Level 2 (Written Subject Test)
This test is of subjective type based on the subject of CRET-2018 opted by the candidate in its online registration and eligibility
The duration of Level 2 (Written Subject Test) of CRET-2018 shall be two hours and the total marks shall be 200; this test will comprise of 3 sections consisting of Short Answer (10 questions of 10 marks each to be answered in 200 words), Medium Answer (3 questions of 20 marks each to be answered in 200 words) and Long Answer question (1 question of 40 marks to be answered in 400 words)
In all 14 questions are to be answered in Level 2 Test. There may or may not be internal choices within each question
Allahabad University Admit Card
Students who have submitted the online application form are required to download the Admit Card online from 23rd May 2018. The admit card will indicate the seat number and the exam centre (with its address) allotted to the candidate. To occupy the seat in the test hall at least 30 minutes before the commencement of the Test.
CRET Answer Key 2018
Candidates will be able to download their University of Allahabad CRET Answer Key 2018 via online mode after few days from exam commencement. Answer sheet of entrance exam will release within 72 hours after held the examination of this course. With the help of answer key candidates can tally their aptitude test questions and answers one by one and get an idea about their marks.
CRET Result 2018
After successfully commencement of D.Phil Academic Test on 30th May 2018, appeared participants can check CRET Result 2018 that will release online on the same portal which declared above.